Einheit 1.4 (online)
In German, you start counting with your thumb (not with your index finger).
Zahlen. Review 0 – 12 and learn them all the way to 200+. Listen once and read along and then listen again and say it along with the recording.
Begrüßen und Verabschieden. Read through the presentation below and complete the activities at the end of the presentation.
Aufforderungen. Watch the following video. During Part B of the video please click on the command that you hear.
Übung 3. Drag the commands to the correct picture.
In German, we use the “imperative” to give instructions, directions, or commands, and to make requests. There are different forms of the imperative. For now, we are just focusing on the “Sie”-imperative, the polite form used when addressing someone in a formal manner or when addressing a group of people, such as when an instructor is addressing a class of students.
You can add “bitte” to make your command or request more polite.
The “Sie”-imperative is formed with a verb ending in -en, followed by the pronoun “Sie”, for example:
Lesen Sie (bitte)! Please read!
Stehen Sie (bitte) auf! Stand up, please! Please stand up!
Wortschatz in Quizlet:
Was wissen Sie jetzt? Klicken Sie hier für Quiz 1.4.
Extra Practice (optional):
5 Minute German Grammar
If you want extra practice on the grammar concepts learned today, click the topic below:
If you want to practice vocabulary from todays lesson, click on the topic below. Watch the video and then click on “start” under the video and do the exercises.
If you want extra practice on “numbers from 1 to 100″, click on the link and watch the video. Then click on “start” under the video and do the exercises.
- hand © OpenClipart-Vectors is licensed under a Public Domain license
- headphones © IO-Images is licensed under a Public Domain license
- star © IO-Images is licensed under a Public Domain license
- presentation icon © quinntheislander adapted by Solomon Hajramezan is licensed under a Public Domain license
- goodbye © Mary Pahlke is licensed under a Public Domain license
- link © IO-Images is licensed under a Public Domain license
- check mark © janjf93 adapted by Solomon Hajramezan is licensed under a Public Domain license