Google Earth Tutorial
This is a pre-lab tutorial activity to be completed independently before Lab 1.
After completing the exercises in this tutorial assignment, you should understand how to use Google Earth Pro to:
- Examine the Earth’s surface in plan view and in three-dimensions.
- Use the compass to understand direction when navigating in Google Earth Pro.
- Use the scale bar and measure tools to determine on-the-ground distances.
- Specify locations using geographic and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) grid systems.
- Modify the options in Google Earth Pro to use metric or imperial units, and geographic or UTM coordinates.
- Search for specific locations by place name or using geographic coordinates.
- View historical satellite imagery to examine changes to an area over time.