The content of A Practical Guide to Introductory Geology by Siobhan McGoldrick is under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence, except where otherwise noted. The following materials have been included in this text but are under licences with additional restrictions.
All rights reserved
- Figure I2: East Village Calgary Flood 2013 © Ryan L. C. Quan.
- Geoscience for the Future poster © Geological Society of London. (What Do Geologists Do?).
- Maps of plate boundaries, topography/bathymetry, seismology, volcanology, seafloor age © Dale S. Sawyer. (Lab 1 Exercises).
- Derivative of Discovering Plate Boundaries activity © Dale S. Sawyer. (Lab 1 Exercises). Used with permission.
- 082J-16 NTS Priddis topographic map: © Natural Resources Canada. The Government of Canada retains the copyright of this image but allows for reproduction for non-commercial use. (Lab 8 Exercises).
- Figure 9.2.1: © Siobhan McGoldrick. CC BY. Includes copyrighted still images produced using Visible Geology.
- Sheep Canyon Geological Map by Robert E. Ladd © Wyoming State Geological Survey. (Lab 9 Exercises).
- Figures T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, and T11 (Google Earth Tutorial Activity), Elbow River Map Area satellite image (Lab 8 Exercises), Glenmore Reservoir and area satellite image (Lab 8 Exercises).
- Figure 2.1.2 (left): Halite. © Rob Lavinsky, iRocks.com.
- Figure 2.3.4c: Almandine garnet © Eurico Zimbres (FGEL/UERJ) and Tom Epaminondas (mineral collector).
- Figure 2.3.5: © Lyndsay Hauber and Joyce M. McBeth. CC BY. Adapted from Randa Harris and M.C. Rygel. CC BY-SA 3.0.
- Figure 2.4.1: “Ipad Air” © Zach Vega. Adapted by Steven Earle.
- Figure 2.4.2: “Ballpoint pen parts” by unknown.
- Practice Exercise 5.3, first image: Aplite Red © Rudolf Pohl.
- Figure 5.5.1: Schematic diagram showing types of depositional environment © Mike Norton. Adapted by Steven Earle.
- Figure 6.2.4c: Schist detail © Michael C. Rygel.
- Figure 10.3.10 (Bottom left): “Moab fault with vehicles for scale” © Andrew Wilson.
- Cover photograph of Mt. Tyrwhitt: © Candace Toner.
- Figures 2.3.4a, 2.3.4b, 2.3.9: © Candace Toner.
- Figure A: © Candace Toner. (Lab 4 Exercises).
- Google Earth kmz file © Susan Schwartz and Erin Todd (Lab 1 Exercises).
- Arrow figure © Susan Schwartz and Erin Todd (Lab 1 Exercises).
- 1101 Lab 9.kmz file by Siobhan McGoldrick. Derivative of Kmz file of placemarks for other structural mapping examples © Barbara Tewksbury, Locations in Google Earth for teaching geologic mapping and map interpretation (Lab 9 Exercises).