Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to answer the following guiding questions:
- What are the University of Lethbridge essential course syllabus elements?
- What are some of the optional elements that could/should be considered including?
- What needs to be considered when creating a course syllabus for online delivery vs or face-to-face (F2F)?
- What are the things that need to be considered in order to ensure that the course syllabus (and subsequent activities and assessments) are accessible to all students?
- How do I need to structure the course content in order to ensure a cohesive learning experience for my students?
As you move through this module, you will continue to return to these guiding questions. Whether you are working from a pre-existing course syllabus designed for face-to-face delivery or starting from scratch for a new online course, these questions will help ensure you address some of the major requirements for a robust course syllabus.
a style of education in which students learn via electronic and online media as well as traditional face-to-face teaching.