Guiding Questions & Learning Outcomes
It is expected that you will be able to answer the following questions by the end of the Module…
- What elements create an authentic, online assessment?
- What needs to be considered to encourage academic integrity for online learning?
- How do I (re)structure assessment(s) appropriate for online learning environments?
By the end of the Module, you will be able to…
- Articulate and describe intended learning outcomes for an online course.
- Identify factors of authentic assessment, which include reliability and validity.
- Know how to encourage academic integrity.
- Re-design or create activities & assessments conducive for online learning.
If you choose to engage in all aspects of the Module, you will…
- review some of the theory behind sound assessment practices
- contribute to discussions in Moodle
- build or revise specific course material for upcoming courses
If you read every section and complete the activities for one of the options, this Module will take you between 6 hours – 9 hours to complete. If you choose to interact with extended resources, this Module can take you significantly longer than the time recommendations.
What your students will know and skills they will learn by the end of the course.