Would you use the following article for a paper or assignment on Newtonian physics?
Article: Are Newtonian Gravitation and Geometrized Newtonian Gravitation Theoretically Equivalent?
Webpage (log in to view article): https://doi.org/10.1007/s10670-015-9783-5
Open Access version: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1411.5757.pdf
- Take a look at the article and decide whether it is appropriate for a physics student
- Look at the highlighted details below for tips on what to look for
This article is not appropriate for a physics assignment
- The author is a professor at a prestigious university, but they are a professor of Philosophy not Physics
- The journal is a well-regarded journal, but it is for Scientific Philosophy not Physics
- The article is not relevant to a physics course, thought it may be an otherwise great article
When evaluating material it is most important to evaluate its quality and relevance