Germans have been called the “Reiseweltmeister”! In this video they follow a German abroad and you will find out if all Germans pack socks and sandals.
The Average German: Sunbeds, Hiking and Socks & Sandals?!
Das Auto! This was maybe one word you knew before you even started learning German, but what do you know about the “Autobahn” and driving in Germany? Here is a video all about cars and more.
This chapter we learned about “Transportmittel“. Are you curious about the favourite modes of transportation from people in Berlin? Watch this video.
Mit dem Zug fahren in Deutschland und Österreich. Do you think there are differences? Watch this video to find out the answer!
Check out the song “Mein Fahrrad” by the German band Die Prinzen. The band is made up of former members of the Thomanerchor (the choir of the Thomaskirche in Leipzig). Their songs are often sung a cappella. The lyrics of their songs are often humorous, tongue-in-cheek critiques of German government or society. Watch the video here. Here are the lyrics if you want to read along or even sing along!
Mit dem Fahrrad fahren
German’s love for cycling! (DW Meet the Germans)
In Einheit 4 we were introduced to Nevin from a video series called “Erste Wege in Deutschland” from the Goethe Institute. In this episode, Nevin takes the bus alone in Germany for the first time. There are activities to go along with the videos.
Extra Practice (optional): These activities are from the website Schubert-Verlag.
- europe-1264062_1280 © TheAndrasBarta is licensed under a Public Domain license
- drivers-license-2534805_1920 © Steffen L. is licensed under a Public Domain license
- transportation-3685043_1920 © Tumisu is licensed under a Public Domain license
- 200px-Flag_of_Germany_and_Austria.svg © Richie is licensed under a Public Domain license
- manta-1580282_1920 © S. Hermann & F. Richter is licensed under a Public Domain license
- Münster © csawatzky is licensed under a CC BY-NC-SA (Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike) license
- bus © Free-Photos is licensed under a Public Domain license