Welcome to Library Research Skills for First Year Seminar Students. This series of modules was designed for students taking AUIDS 101 at the University of Alberta’s Augustana Campus.
One of the learning objectives of FYS at Augustana is to “analyze, evaluate, and appropriately use information and ideas from multiple perspectives.” These modules are meant to help you learn many of these skills. By the end of these modules, you should be able to:
- Find specific books and articles using the library website
- Choose a strong research topic and identify its key terms
- Find relevant scholarly information about your topic through the library
- Cite your sources
Use any of these options:
- The “Contents” menu in the top left to see each module and its sections
- The left and right arrow keys on your keyboard to move between pages
- The blue navigation buttons at the very bottom of your browser window to move between pages
We’ll start by introducing you to the library.